Alfalfa Pellet Mill Dust Collection System
Custom Air Filtration Solution for the Agriculture Industry
Filter Technology designed and manufactured three dust collection systems for an Alfalfa Pellet Mill in Arizona.
The Filter Tech team engineered and fabricated several custom components to complete this job, including: 50” diameter high-efficiency cyclone for the Pellet Cooler. Rated at 19,000 cfm, this cyclone achieves efficient and maintenance- free dust collection.
- 7500 cfm Model 100-10 Top Removal Lift Off Door (TRLOD) Baghouse.
- Ducting designed for pulling dust off the upper feed conveyors, the bagging aspirator, and the bagging station.
- 4000 cfm Model 49-10 Bottom Removal Walk-in (BRWI) baghouse for the hay shredder
- Spark detection gate to keep sparks originating in the shredder from burning the filter bags.
Request A Quote
High-Temp Boiler Baghouse and Cyclone
Efficient and Effective Fly Ash Management
For this job, temps up to 500 degrees F out of the boiler and 300 degrees F in the Baghouse required a high-temp application. Primary dust collection was achieved with the cyclone, removing large particles out of the airstream while also eliminating most of the moisture. The Baghouse was then able to take the small particulate out while discharging little moisture. Both dust collectors were insulated to keep the air from hitting dewpoint.
The Filter Tech team engineered and fabricated several custom components to complete this job, including:
- 5,000 ACFM 24” High Efficiency Insulated Cyclone
- 4,000 ACFM Model 100-8 Insulated Top Removal Lift Off Door (TRLOD) Baghouse
- Custom 20” Insulated Ductwork
Request A Quote
Double Module Baghouse Dust Collector
A Two-in-One Custom Solution
Custom engineered from start to finish, this system was planned and fabricated to fit the customer’s specific size constraints, while taking on two units in one: one Model 150-1.5m unit and one Model 36-1.5m.
Partitioned inner walls allow for differentiation of the dirty air, all run on one pulse valve system. Each header was linked to utilize the most efficiency out of the compressed air. The inner wall separating the two systems allowed Filter Tech engineers to utilize the same structural frame for both units, saving the customer cost and overall space for installation.
Each system has its own dedicated fan, but the compressed air header was tied together so the air could be utilized as efficiently and effectively as possible. However, it’s possible to turn off the air to one system while continuing to operate the other.
The Filter Technology team coordinated installation as well as commissioning of this Baghouse to complete success. With the help of our staff, this unit was erected and operational within one weeks’ time.
If you’re in need of a custom solution with a quick turnaround, contact us.
- 24,000 ACFM Model 150-1.5 Top Removal Lift Off Door Baghouse
- 7,000 ACFM Model 36-1.5 Top Removal Lift Off Door Baghouse
- Turnkey project including ductwork and installation